Anthropology News continues this month’s thematic series on Memorials and Memorialization. Be sure to check out these exclusively online essays published this week at the new www.anthropology-news.org:
- AB Diefenderfer’s Commemoration in Cyberspace
- Erin L Durban-Albrecht’s Go with Flo: Politics and Queer Memorialization
- Olga Gonzalez’s Scarf of Hope as a Warm and Performative Memorial for the Disappeared in Peru
- Carol Hayman’s Earthquake in Picso, Peru
- Monica Eileen Patterson and Erica Lehrer’s Re-curating Testimony
- Sue Ann Taylor’s Public Commemoration and Private Remembrance
- Charisma A Thomson’s Roadside Memorials (Re)presented
Did Hurricane Irene make an impression on you? Be sure to also read Howard F Stein’s Hurricane Irene and the Ghost of 9/11 in the Dialogue section.
We invite you to rate and comment on articles. All September pieces will be available through the end of October, and then archived on AnthroSource.
Filed under: Publications | Tagged: AB Diefenderfer, Anthropology News, Carol Hayman, Charisma Thomson, Erica Lehrer, Erin Durban-Albrecht, Howard Stein, memorials and memorialization, Monica Patterson, Olga Gonzalez, Sue Ann Taylor | Comments Off