The AAA Meetings & Conference Department is pleased to announce a broad range of changes to the Annual Meeting, adopted by the Executive Board. These changes will enhance the Annual Meeting experience and better meet the needs of our members and attendees. The following changes will begin for the 2014 annual meeting to be held in Washington, DC December 3-7.
In particular, new session types and configurations go into effect for the 2014 meeting. As parts of these have changed, we recommend reviewing them closely as you prepare your abstract for the 2014 meeting.
New Session Types
- Retrospective sessions
- Annual opening plenary session
- Permanent inclusion of Installations
Read more about session types at the Annual Meeting.
Session and Participation Transformations
- Elimination of double sessions
- Allocation of 1 invited session to the World Council of Anthropological Associations (WCAA)
- Unified submission deadline of April 15 for all invited, volunteered and installation sessions, as well as individual volunteered papers and posters
- Chair role no longer counts against the 1+1 role rule
Read more about presenting policies and roles at the Annual Meeting.
Other Aspects of the Meeting
- Fuller engagement with social media (Introduce E-Posters, create alternative media centers, create a Speakers’ Corner, and create opportunities for live-streaming presentations to/from the meeting)
- Provision of internet access to the all of AAA’s meeting spaces.
- Officially expand the Executive Program Committee (EPC) to approximately 10 members
For the complete announcement, objectives and rationale for these changes, please visit the New Program Changes webpage.
Filed under: Annual Meeting | Tagged: #AAA2014, 113th AAA Annual Meeting, 2014 AAA Annual Meeting, American Anthropological Association, Washington DC, world's largest anthropology meeting | Comments Off